Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

A Christmas present book that I finished up in 3 days is the story of two young people fighting to survive a national tournament to the death in the future.  It's the first in a trilogy and it leaves you wanting to jump right into the next volume.

Is it just because I'm older that this feels like a re-make of Logan's Run?  Or does each generation have to tell a story of the those in power controlling the future generation?  I did find myself rooting for the heroine and her skills and cunning are somewhat plausible.

This is also a "screen play" book, i.e., it's not to hard to see it's easily made into a movie, which is suppose to be out soon.  It was a fun read.

Published: 2008  Read: 2/2012

Click here for my half.com link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think