Friday, May 4, 2012

The Beginner's Goodbye - Anne Taylor

Finally a good read!  I have enjoyed all the books that I've read by this author and this one did not disappoint.  I was so hungry for a good story I finished it in one day.  I picked it up at the library that I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to when it isn't too hot.

It's the story of a widower struggling with the loss of his wife in a sudden accident and his way through grief.
I was taken in by the first paragraph and savored every chapter.

Quotes:


"That was one of the worst things about losing your wife I found; your wife is the very person you want to discuss it all with."

"I used to toy with the notion that when we die we find out what our lives have amounted to, finally.  I'd never imagined that we could find that out when somebody else dies."

Anne Taylor writes with a true feeling for people and their relationships, without getting sappy.  Highly recommended.


Published: 2012  Read: May 2012  Genre:  Fiction
(library book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think