Sunday, May 27, 2012

Female Nomad and Friends - Rita Golden Gelman

This is a travel book I snagged for our road trip last week.  I'd read the author's first book, "Tales of a Female Nomad" and loved her adventurous spirit.  This book continues with short essays from kindred spirits sharing their adventures and recipes from their travels.  I probably marked over 20 pages of authors to seek out and recipes to try.

Gelman is a children's author with many published works.  She divorced in her early 50's, sold everything she owned and became a nomad, travelling the world by sharing homes of members of the Serva organization.
I'm not nearly as risk-taking or trusting but I find her stories and those of her contributors to be inspiring to step a little bit farther out of my comfort zone.

Published: 2010    Read:  May 2010    Genre:  Travel

[I will loan this if you would like to read it]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think