Thursday, February 14, 2013

Eve - Iris Johansen

I have to admit up front that I'm not much of a mystery fan.  I tend to skip through a mystery to find out how things end (and often confirm the ending I already suspect).  This book is part of a trilogy featuring one of the author's regular characters, a forensic sculptor named Eve.  She is searching for her daughter's killer with the help of friends in the CIA.  The story to me was implausible.  Everyone is super fit, super intelligent and either very good or very bad.  It felt like 90% of the book was dialogue.  The characters get around at the speed of light, the entire story taking place in a couple weeks, I think.  It probably would help if I'd read early books with the main character.  I have the rest of the trilogy and will probably read them just to find out what happened.  I just need to find a beach somewhere.

Published:  2011   Read: January 2013   Genre: Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think