Monday, February 25, 2013

We Are What We Pretend to Be - Kurt Vonnegut

Did you read Vonnegut in high school?  college?  He was required reading for my age cohort in those years.  So when I saw this new book on the library shelf I had to snag it.  It's a short couple of novellas, the first was written when he was in his late teens or early 20's and the second was left unfinished when he died. His daughter, Nanette published the book and provided a foreword.

I enjoyed the first story as it reminded me of his witty banter and characters.  The second story was more cynical and chaotic and...well, unfinished.  A quick read that led me to explore Vonnegut's family and history and learn a little more about an author I'd enjoyed reading many years ago.

Published:  2012   Read: February 2013   Genre: Short Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think