Saturday, September 13, 2014

Wheat Belly - William Davis, MD

This was the non-fiction audio book I'd deliberately put on hold at the library.  I wanted to understand some of the science behind the effects of modern wheat on our bodies.  The author provides exhausting recaps of studies, from medical institutions and his own practice as a cardiologist, that go on for ever.  It's convincing enough to try to eliminate wheat from my diet.  The "calories in - calories out" balance has kept me at a plateau and too often hungry and resentful of exercise's paltry results.  So along with my yoga habit I am mindfully addressing the food I eat and cutting the wheat.  We'll see what happens.


Published:  August 2011   Read: September 2014 (audio book)  Genre: Health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think