Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Twig - Elizabeth Orton Jones

Do you have some favorite books from when you were little?  I don't remember how old I was when I first read this book (or had it read to me).  I remember the pixie looking girl and that the story was magical.  Something had stuck with me all these years.  I ordered it on a whim and read it in a couple of nights.

Twig is a little girl who lives with her parents in an apartment in a 4-story building.  There's a barren backyard she plays in and where she meets Elf.  The story tells of her adventures of an afternoon with Elf and Mrs Sparrow and other inhabitants of this special world she imagines.

I enjoyed revisiting the story and the kinder, gentler world of a child.  I'll definitely have to read it to someone else soon.

Published: 1942  Read: April 2013  Genre: Children's Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think