Sub-title: The Final Edition
I struggle getting through this book that became a bestseller when first published (2009). It explains the how manipulating human tendencies can nudge them in a desired direction. Something I first heard about back in the 70's in my college marketing class.
Heralded as a "new and important" concept, its written by an economist and behavioral scientist who first outlines the psychological weaknesses and biases all humans have and then explains how they can be used to help them make better choices. The new version acknowledges that nudges can unfortunately be used for nudging people in negative ways as well.
I read it as a mea culpa for the unintended consequences of how his technique has been exploited. I didn't finish it.
I'm going back to fiction.
Published: 2021 Read: November 2021 Genre: Non-fiction
No comments:
Post a Comment
Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think