Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Moonshot - Albert Bourla

 Sub-title: Inside Pfizer's Nin-Month Race to Make the Impossible Possible

I'm an optimist, and this book supported my search for positive information about the pandemic. Dr Bourla is the chairman and CEO of Pfizer pharmaceutical company.  The book is his first person account of the development of the coronavirus at the fastest pace ever for a vaccine.  I was impressed with how the world coordinated their efforts in science, manufacturing, distribution and investment to develop the vaccine.  

Some may critically say the companies that developed the vaccine made lots of money and I call foul.  As commercial entities, yes, they will make huge profits; however, as the book illustrates, they also took huge risks in choosing the development path and ignoring financial concerns in favor of pursuing the best path for development.

The company adopted the phrase "Science Will Win" and we should all be grateful that it did.

Published: 2021  Read: March 2022  Genre: Science, History

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think