Monday, September 1, 2014

Keep Going - Joseph M Marshall III

sub-title: The Art of Perseverance

This slim novel is a discussion between a grandson and his grandfather after the death of the boy's father.  The traditional stories are lessons on "going on" after adversity and reflect the beliefs and values of the Lakota people.  In some ways in reminded me of Buddist teachings; the acceptance of life as it happens, the appreciation of the now.

Published: 2006   Read: August 2014   Genre: non-fiction, advice

ISBN: 13: 978-1-4027-3607-0

*Note:  I am starting to record the ISBN for the book.  Any of the online bookshelf apps seem to do lookups based on it so if I ever want to get everything I've read into an online bookshelf I'll need these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here, would love to hear what you think